Leading starts with just one, that is you. To grow into the
leader you want to be, take action steps everyday.
Self development is key. It will be a never ending process.
Each of us influences at least ten thousand other people in our
life time.So it is not a matter of if you will influence someone,
it is a matter of who will you influence? If you are a leader,
it is not a matter of will my calender be full? It is who will fill
my calender? If you are a leader it is not, will I see people
today, it is who will I see today?
Leaders make contact, followers wait.
1. Pick up the phone and make contact
2. Solve Problems
3. Spend time planning
4. Know who to invest time in
5. Fill their calendar by importance
6. Do not gossip about others
1. Sit around and wait for the phone to ring
2. React to problems
3. Have no plan, just go day by day
4. Spend time with the wrong people
5. Fill their calendar by requests
6. Do not understand the importance about no gossip
Leaders know what is required of them, and they do the actions necessary daily to lead their team.
If you go to work everyday you know what is expected of you, and if you do not do the things that are necessary you will get fired.
Here are some books I recommend:
1. Letting Go Of Your Bananas ~ by Dr. Daniel T. Drubin
2. Think & Grow Rich ~ By Napoleon Hill
3. Leadership 101 ~ John C. Maxwell
4. Leadership Mastery ~ Dale Carnegie
5. How To Win Friends & Influence People ~ Dale Carnegie
6. How To Have Confidence And Power In Dealing With People ~ Les Giblin
7. It’s Easier Done Than Said ~ DR. Ellie Drake